This is a very useful stance in American Kenpo Karate, it can be found on the orange belt rank and be seen all the way up to black belt. It is highly used in self-defense techniques to disable height and width; when the reverse bow is against the leg in a buckle move it can make someone fall.
You will find this stance as a requirement in the Orange Belt rank, seen and require on all belt ranks.
- The reverse bow can be used before covering out from the attacker.
- Can be combined with obscure strikes such as elbows, hammers, and swords.
- Can be used as a buckle.
- Always keep your back straight and hands in a defensive position at all times.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!