Table of Contents
The Neutral Stance is the basic Kenpo Fighting Stance. You will find this stance on all Kenpo Self defense Techniques and on most of the sets and forms.
Your knees should be shoulder-width apart, your knees should be slightly bent, your hands should be in the up protecting your middle upper section as it is shown in the pictures.
This Neutral Stance should allow you to move in any direction, you should feel comfortable in this stance and be able to execute any technique from this stance.
The weight distribution on this stance is 50 – 50.
Neutral Stance Step by Step
- Start from a natural stance with your feet together
- Step back with your left foot
- Bend your knees slightly and keep your hands in front of you
- Your right hand is your first line of defense and your left hand is your second line of defense
- Always keep your back straight
- Do not lean forward, stay centered
- Do not go too low on this stance
- If you do not feel comfortable with the stance, then you are doing something wrong and you need to fix it
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!