Kenpo Karate Punches
These are the American Kenpo Karate Punches you will find on your rank requirement list regardless of your style, lineage, or dojo. Also, these are part of most traditional modern karate, kung fu, and taekwondo basics; under a different name of course.
- Straight Thrust
- Straight Snap
- Vertical Snap and Thrust Punch
- Upper Cut
- Universal Punch
- Inverted Vertical Roundhouse
- Looping Overhead
- Vertical Back-knuckle Snap
- Vertical Back-knuckle Thrust
- Round House
- Leopard’s Paw
- Front Lifting Back-knuckle
Basic recommendations when throwing a punch:
- The impact is with your two inner knuckles.
- Always keep your back straight and centered.
- You need to be in a comfortable stance.
- Keep your eyes on your target.
- Keep the other hand checking in the case of a potential attack.
- Keep your thumb closed into your fist, if you leave it out you will injure it.
- Don’t over-extend your arm when punching, your elbow will absorb the impact if nothing is reached.
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!