Wide kneel Stance
Table of Contents
This stance is found in the Stance Set, we can also find it in Kenpo forms and self-defense techniques. It is part of the purple belt requirements in some systems and maybe in other belts depending on the Kenpo lineage.
The open knee position is defined as a “collapsed neutral arch” that maintains the same weight distribution as in its non-collapsed form. Its weight distribution is 50/50. This pose is used to accentuate the marriage of gravity.
Wide kneel Stance Step by Step
- Start by executing a neutral stance.
- Now bend your back knee and stand tall on the ball of your back foot.
- Keep your back knee at 45 degrees with your foot pointing forward.
- Do not go too down much in this position as it will not allow you to move with speed.
- Keep your back straight and centered.
- Don’t spread your legs too wide, keep them shoulder-width apart.
- Do not lean forward or you could lose your balance.
- Your weight distribution should be 50/50.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!