The truth about Leggings, built to cut the wind, run in the cold, keep the temperature and protect the skin. What about in the gym? Leggings are meant to support muscles and aid recovery in muscle damage. But now is not just leggings, is more than that. Compression technology was introduced in the 1960’s to be used in the medical world for recovery and to help treat:
- Reduce Blood Clots
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
Compression clothing squeezes your muscles as tightly as sausage casings, like human sausages, they are definitely used by men and women these days. There are several options available too like sleeves, stockings, leggings and even full body compression gear.
In Running they are used to increase performance, they support major muscle groups, they keep muscles together and they can aid recovery, they also keep a steady temperature.
The first compression pieces were made from simple lycra but did not last long. Today modern compression gear is made of stronger material, lycra and breathable material which allow your body to dry faster and cool down after hard training or competition.
Compression clothing is essential in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the No-Gi part of their training. Since Jiu Jitsu is practiced on a tatami BJJ practitioner used to burn their elbows and knees when rolling on the mat doing certain techniques.
Benefits of compression gear:
- Keep your temperature when training
- Affordable and several options available
- Easy to wash and carry
- They shape up your body
- They cut down muscle vibration which can bring fatigue
- Decrease the risk of injuries
- Increase blood flood and circulation
- Increase oxygenation of the muscles
- Reduce muscle swelling
- Reduce Aches and Joint Pain
- Increase Muscle support
- Reducing Muscle vibration damage
- Faster Muscle Repair and recovery
- Quicker Warm up during activities
- Injury prevention
- UV protection
- Skin protection
- Reduced Athletic Turf Burns
- Keep your body cool during high-temperature activities
- Keep your body warm during cold weather activities
- Makes you look sexy!!
Now you know it why you should also get your compression gear while working out.
Follow our Social Media!