The Wall Walk has many health benefits besides improving your core, it can help you relax your mind, it has been said it could help relieve swollen legs after a strong leg workout and it also improves circulation to the upper body and brain.
Since this is a total body exercise it benefits your spine using gravity to apply a different force on it, it also stretches your diaphragm and most of the work is done with your wrists, arms, and shoulders.
Keep in mind that since you will be facing down you will constantly work on your abs in order to stabilize your body. This workout will get you well-balanced and super strong. Your hip flexors, hamstrings, obliques, and lower back will thank you.
Wall Walk Step by Step
- Set yourself into a plank position to get started.
- Now walk your feet to the wall while you simultaneously do the same with your hands.
- Keep your back straight at all times.
- Keep walking until you are against the wall, now hold it for 3 seconds.
- Now slowly walk your hands back out to your starting position.
- Is always better to do 5 good repetitions than 10 that were poorly done, remember is quality over quantity.
- Do not go too fast, avoid accidents. If you do this exercise slow it will help you more.
Here is another exercise you will also love:
Follow our Social Media!