This exercise targets your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, calves and your core muscles since you will be using an overhead weight you will also target your arms and shoulders. Keeping your back straight is very important to keep your balance.
Step by Step:
- Select a plate that you’re able to hold overhead for a time of at least 30 seconds. Grasping the plate with both hands, raise it overhead until your arms are fully extended. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms fully extended overhead. This will be your starting position.
- Step forward with one leg, flexing the knees to drop your hips. Descend until your rear knee touches the ground. Your posture should remain upright, and your front knee should stay above the front foot.
- Drive through the heel of your lead foot and extend both knees to raise yourself back up. Step forward with your rear foot, repeating the lunge on the opposite leg.
- Repeat for recommended number of repetitions.
- Always keep your back straight and do not use an amount of weight you cannot handle.
- The importance is on the proper execution of the exercise, not on the weight.
Follow our Social Media!