Upward Elbow Strike
Table of Contents
The upward elbow strike is a fulminating move that is found and is part of many martial arts. The elbow is a pointed bone that is the result of the contraction of the arm. The impact that is usually to the face, can also be to the chest and produces a lot of damage.
This type of strike is present in self-defense techniques and forms. In the techniques of defense personal plays a key role in the control of the opponent allowing generating key moments to insert other movements.
Upward Elbow Strike Step by Step
- In a natural or normal position, make a fist
- Contract your arm where your fist is near your shoulder.
- Turn your fist vertically so that when you do the strike you do not hit your face with your own fist.
- Do the same action with your opposite side.
- This elbow strike is recommended to use when the attacker is at a close range
- It is not recommended to use this blow to advance when the opponent is far away, as he can retreat and counterattack.
- When you execute this strike your other hand must be in the middle of your solar plexus ready to perform any defensive or offensive movement if necessary.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!