The famous upward block, one of the most important blocks you will ever need. This block is present in many Martial Art Styles and the principle is the same; to protect your head. Doing a few hundred will develop strong shoulders for sure and will help you keep your arms up when sparring. Here are some things to remember and put into practice:
- Don’t block to close to your head, if the punch or strike has lots of power you’ll get hit by your own fist.
- This block can also become a weapon.
- You have to follow up with a technique right away because the attacker might throw a second punch on you.
While you block your other hand should be ready.
Here is another important block you need to learn:
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!