This is a front right-hand push attack found in the Orange Belt rank. There are few different versions of this technique depending on the instructor’s lineage. This is a simple but very effective technique which can save your life.
How to do Triggered Salute? Here are the steps:
- Your opponent pushes your left shoulder with his right hand, then you step forward and to your left with your right foot to 11 o’clock, with a neutral bow buckle on the inside of opponent’s right knee. Then pin opponent’s right hand with your left and strike opponent’s chin with a right forward heel palm thrust.
- Shift your right hand to 11 o’clock forming the shape of the crane and hook opponent’s right arm down, use this angle to deliver a right inward horizontal elbow strike to opponent’s solar plexus.
- After following through with a first elbow shot, deliver a right outward horizontal elbow strike to opponent’s right floating ribs.
- Without hesitation, follow-up with a right horizontal back knuckle strike to opponent’s right floating ribs or kidney and immediately cock your right fist to your right hip.
- Execute a right uppercut up, check and cover out.
You will see this self-defense technique again in the First Degree Brown Belt Rank with its extension.