Tornado Roundhouse Kick
This is a very fast kick which can also be very powerful because of the spin and momentum applied to it. Let’s go over all the necessary steps to do this kick:
- Start on a fighting stance, keep your hands up so they don’t bother you when you spin.
- Make the turn and at the end of the turn do a small jump.
- Add the roundhouse kick.
- Go back to your fighting stance.
- Do not practice this kick in the air, because the power of the kick has to be transferred otherwise your knee will absorb the pressure.
- It is important to find your distance, not too far and not too close.
- If you would like to use this kick in competition you need to have good timing, practice your spin and keep your hands up.
- You are required to have decent stretching abilities.
Other recommended kicking techniques found in Taekwondo:
- Taekwondo Kicks
- Taekwondo Stances
- Taekwondo Punches and strikes
- Taekwondo Blocks
- Taekwondo Sparring Training
- Stretching exercises for Taekwondo