Tornado Axe Kick
The Tornado Axe Kick is considered a variation of an Axe kick. It uses the same principles on the tornado kick but at the end, you execute your Axe kick to score your point. This technique is perfect to deceive your opponent because most of everyone might be familiar with the tornado kick but they would not expect an Axe kick and you will score your point.
Let’s go over the technique step by step:
- You are standing in your fighting stance.
- You now do a back turn.
- Bring your knees up and at the end jump with an Axe kick.
- Keep your guard up and go back to your fighting stance.
- Because of the quick back turn, you do with the “tornado” you will have to calculate to drop your Axe kick a bit early to make sure it lands on your desired target.
- After you deliver your kick, keep your hands up because your opponent might still throw a punch at you if you are that close.
- Practice this kick standing in front of a mirror, then in front of someone holding the pad for you.
- Lastly, practice this kick on a moving fighting stance and do your technique when your partner shows you the kicking pad.
- Do not forget to properly stretch to avoid injuries.