Table of Contents
This is the Tiger Pose also known as Vyaghrasana. This posture improves the elasticity of the joints of the spine, strengthens the abdominal muscles, and tones the muscles of the thighs and buttocks.
This pose relaxes the muscles of the legs, stretches the muscles of the abdomen, and strengthens the hips and thighs. It also relieves sciatica, improves digestion, and is advisable for its benefits after delivery.
Tiger Pose Step by Step
- Sit supporting the buttocks on your heels.
- Inspiring, sit up with knees resting on the floor and arms straight forward.
- Exhaling, gently rest your hands on the ground, flat and with arms outstretched. You are on all fours.
- Hide at the same time the left knee and the head under your body, bringing the knee to the forehead.
- Inspiring, throw the leg backward and upwards (keeping the knees bent). At the same time, raise your head and lookup.
- Exhaling, hiding the knee again and the head under the body.
- Before doing this pose make sure your hands are flat on the mat aligned with your shoulders.
- Keep your back aligned not arched.
Recommended Yoga Poses
Follow our Social Media!