Tie your Karate Belt
Here we explain a quick step by step to tie your belt.
- First, you will need to unfold your belt and hold the middle in front of your belly button.
- Now you will need to wrap the ends of your belt around your back and cross them.
- Bring both ends of the belt to the front and lay the end in your right hand over the end in your left hand.
- Now tuck the end in your right hand under and behind both layers of the belt. Pull both ends tighter, keeping the two lengths even.
- Bring the belt end in your right hand over the belt end in your left hand, and place it through the hole created by the crossed belt.
- Lastly, tie a knot. This should be in the middle and both ends should hang evenly.
This can be applied to any martial art style, such as Karate, Taekwondo, Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Tang Soo Do, Kenpo Karate, etc. Some belts might be shorter, longer, wider but the principle on how to tie them is the same.
Main Traditional Karate
- Karate Stances
- Karate Punches
- Karate Kicks
- Karate Blocks
- Karate Strikes
- Karate Traditional Katas
- Karate Traditional Weapons
- Karate General Terminology