Table of Contents
Thundering Hammers is one of the classic self-defense techniques found in American Kenpo Karate, you will see it on most every seminar, self-defense category at a Kenpo tournament, you can find it on your form 4. Here you have 3 different videos presenting the very same technique.
Let’s go over this technique step by step:
- As the punch comes in step to your 10 with your left foot while you block the punch using an inward block.
- Deliver an inward forearm strike to the middle section using your right arm.
- Execute a left hammer strike to the kidney and finish the technique with a right hammer strike to the neck.
- Right after your first hammer turn it into a check to be able to continue with the second hammer.
- your right knee should check his right knee.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!