Learn The Uppercut
Table of Contents
The uppercut is a very powerful boxing punch, you can disable a boxer and knock him out if executed correctly at the right time. A powerful punch in Boxing, it goes directly to the chin and it can only be executed at close range, if you try to execute it from a long distance you will open yourself up and your opponent will have many openings such as the ribs, stomach and one side of your face. You need to be fast enough to get close to your opponent to do an uppercut. It is important that the boxer has a good pace to connect at the right time.
An uppercut cannot be applied that way alone, it has to be through a combination to achieve the desired effect.
An uppercut is an excellent option if you are cornered and receiving, you need to protect yourself to wait for the perfect moment. You can get close with a job and cross then attack the body which can help you uncover the face of your opponent to try to connect with an uppercut.
There are three types:
- The Short Uppercut
- The Mid Range Uppercut
- The Deep Uppercut
- This powerful punch can knock out an opponent on the spot.
- Disable his stance and make him lose his balance.
- An uppercut can end a match with a technical knockout.
The Uppercut Step by Step
- Use your hip to add power to this punch by lowering your center and then using your legs and hips.
- This punch only works in close range, do not try to do it from a long distance because you will leave your body open.
- Punch the body to find an open spot to land your uppercut in close range.
Follow our Social Media!