The Triangle Pose or Trikonasana
This pose requires you to keep your eyes open to help you control your balance. You will experience extensive stretching of the calf and hamstring muscles.
Benefits of the Triangle Pose:
- Strengthens legs, knees, ankles, arms, and chest.
- Stretches and opens the hip, groin, tendons of the legs and calves, shoulders, chest, and spine.
- Increase physical and mental balance.
- Helps improve digestion.
- Reduces anxiety, stress, back pain, and sciatica.
The base is one of the most important aspects of this pose, the base has to be solid.
The Triangle Pose Step by Step:
- Stand up straight and separate your feet (at a distance of about 4 feet from each other).
- Turn the right foot 90 degrees and rest the left foot at about 15 degrees.
- Now align your right heel with the center of the arch of your left foot.
- Make sure your feet press the ground and the weight of your body is balanced on both feet.
- Inhale deeply and when exhaling leans your body to the right from the hip, keeping the waist firm and allowing the left hand to rise while the right lowers towards the floor. Keep both arms in a straight line.
- Put your right hand either on your jaw, or ankle or on the floor near your right foot, without twisting the sides of your waist. Stretch your left arm towards the ceiling in a line with the shoulders. Keep your head in a neutral position or take it to the left side: The gaze is directed to the big toe of your left hand.
- Verify that your body is tilted on its side and not forward or backward. Pelvis and chest are widely open.
- Stretch yourself to the fullest and hold your posture while you breathe deeply. With each exhalation, relax the body a little more. Feel the body and the breath.
- When you inhale, go up, bring your hands down to the sides and do not forget to move the feet so that they are parallel.
- Repeat this same process with the left side.
Recommended Yoga Poses:
Follow our Social Media!