Sword of Destruction
Table of Contents
This is another Kenpo Karate Self defense technique in the Yellow belt rank, a technique against a Left Roundhouse Punch. A very effective technique, and easy to learn which is also part of the base techniques you will find in the upper ranks.
Sword of Destruction Step 1
- As the Left Roundhouse punch comes in while are in an attention stance or in a fighting stance.
- Step toward 6:00 with your left foot to form a right neutral bow stance then Deliver a right extended outward block while your left hand is checking
Sword of Destruction Step 2
- Deliver a right front snapping ball kick to the groin, this kick will make the attacker lean forward and drop his hands.
- Plant your right foot forward into a right neutral bow stance.
Sword of Destruction Step 3
- Deliver a right snapping inward downward diagonal hand sword strike to the neck when you land your foot after the kick.
- Keep your hands up
- Cover toward 6:00.
Here GM Jesus Flores executes and also explains this technique.
- Do not over-extend your block or you will expose your middle section
- Keep your hands up when you deliver the front kick to the groin
- Your left hand is always checking the middle section
- After the Hand Sword Strike hits the neck keep your hands up and cover out
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!