Switch in Place in Taekwondo
This is a very common move in Taekwondo when you are sparring. You are in the same place and then suddenly switch your fighting stance in the same place, without moving forward or backward.
This will help you create an opening and may disable your opponent’s plans. Make sure you always keep your hands up or in a way that can help you protect yourself.
Recommendations for Switch in Place
- Make sure you keep your hands up and don’t drop them when you switch
- Your stance cannot be too wide or your switch will be slow and your opponent can use it against you
- Be ready to attack right after the Switch because your opponent will still be adjusting to your change
- Always be alert
- Taekwondo Techniques Page
- Taekwondo Kicks
- Taekwondo Stances
- Taekwondo Punches and strikes
- Taekwondo Blocks
- Taekwondo Forms
- Taekwondo Sparring Training
- Stretching exercises for Taekwondo
Follow our Social Media!