The Supine Pigeon Pose is a beginner yoga pose where your have your back on the mat in supine position. This pose provides a supported stretch to the lower body, you keep your back on the ground and both of your legs are bent in a way that one hand can go through them and hold the back of your knee where it meets your other hand. You can open your hips at the same time you relax and release the stress off your back.
Benefits of the Supine Pigeon Pose
This pose will help your lower back, relax and stretch your hamstrings and hips.
Step by Step:
- Lay on your back.
- Place your right foot over your left knee.
- Have both of your hands meet behind your left knee.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Relax and open your hips.
- Keep your entire back relaxed on the mat before completing the pose.
Recommended Yoga Poses
Follow our Social Media!