Stretch Your Upper Body
It is very important to have a stretching routine for any workout. If you will be running or having a leg routing at the gym, then you should be stretching out the front of your legs and calves.
Knee up stretching exercise:
- You can get started with your feet together
- Lift one knee and grab it with both hands.
- If you do not have a good balance then you can hold onto a chair.
- Keep your back straight while you do this exercise.
- Hold your knee for 10 seconds then switch.
Standing Quad stretching exercise:
This exercise is important in warming up the large muscles of the thigh before exercise or sports.
- Bring your hands behind your back, roll your shoulders down, and gently stretch over.
- You should feel a nice stretch down the back of the legs and a nice stretch in the biceps, opening up your chest.
Tricep stretching exercise:
- If you’ve been doing shoulder work, bring one arm across the other.
Wrist stretching exercise:
An excellent and recommended exercise for musicians and those who work in front of a computer and need to plug away at their computers on a regular basis.
- If you’ve been doing any arm work, biceps, just stretch out the wrists. And of course your triceps. Pull gently on the opposing elbow.
- Be gentle with every move.
- Hold for a few seconds and then repeat.
Here you have other three great stretches you can benefit from: