Stretch the Triceps
Table of Contents
Whatever you want your arms to do, stretching your triceps will help prepare them for any exercise or routine you might have in mind.
The Triceps serve as a support for the elbow and shoulders, whether in an exercise or in a simple movement.
There are several exercises you can try like the ones we will be presenting, you need to keep in mind you also need to stretch all of your arm muscles, not just the triceps.
Stretching Exercises for Your Triceps
1.-Front Simple Tricep Stretch
Keeping your arm straight stretch your triceps while your opposite hand is gently pulling your elbow, hold for ten seconds then repeat on your other arm.
2.-Deeper Front Tricep Stretch
In this exercise hook your forearm right at the end of your elbow and pull your arm in to deepen the stretch, hold for ten seconds then repeat on your other arm.
3.-Deeper Crossed arms Triceps Stretch
In this exercise, you cross your arms allowing your triceps to stretch much more, try to have your hands touch, hold for ten seconds then repeat on your other arm.
4.-Over Head Triceps Stretch
In this exercise, you start with both arms straight up, then bring your hand to your back and slide it down, now gently grab the elbow and pull, you can also push your elbow down, hold for ten seconds then repeat on your other arm.
Over Head Tricep Stretch front view
This is the front view of the same exercise, make sure your back is straight, and have a good posture to support your entire body while you stretch your triceps.
5.-Hands-on Back Triceps Stretch
In this exercise, gently bring one hand to your back from the top and the other all the way up to meet your other hand, try to have your fingers touch, hold for ten seconds then repeat on your other side.
5.-Locked Hands-on Back Triceps Stretch
In this exercise, gently bring one hand to your back from the top and the other all the way up to meet your other hand, try to hook your hands and pull, hold for ten seconds then repeat on your other arm.
Let’s see the proper way to Stretch the Triceps.
Stretch the Triceps Step by Step
- Stand up straight with your knees slightly bent.
- Bend & raise elbow: Bend your right elbow and lift it straight forward and up so the inside of your forearm is next to your ear and your palm is facing your back.
- Grab elbow: Reach your left arm over your head, placing your left hand on the front of your right elbow.
- Pull elbow back: Gently pull your right elbow back until you feel a nice tension.
- Hold stretch: Hold for 10-20 seconds, breathing deeply
- Repeat on the left arm: Release your right elbow and lower your right arm to your side. Bend your left elbow and repeat the stretch with your left arm.
- Release stretch: Release your left elbow and enjoy that loose-limbed feeling.
- To stretch the triceps properly you need to warm up your entire body.
- Do not over-stretch the triceps during your routine.
- Do not force, push or pull too hard or you might get injured.
- Stretch both arms equally.
- Always keep your back straight and have a good posture to stretch your triceps.
If you have been inactive for a length of time, or if you’ve had any recent surgery or physical problems, particularly of the muscles and joints, please consult your doctor before you start a stretching or exercise program.
Follow our Social Media!