Stretch Your Entire Abdomen
Table of Contents
It is important to stretch your abdominal muscles to increase your flexibility, this will help you to improve your posture, feel and move better. You can stretch on a mat but in this case, we will use a Stability Ball. Follow the steps:
Step 1: Sit on the ball
- Sit upright on the ball, placing your hands on either side for balance.
Tip: Make sure you have plenty of room when using an exercise ball. The ball can easily get away from you when you are just learning, and also avoid sharp-edged furniture near you. You could do your stretches in the middle of your living room or in an open space.
Step 2: Lie back on the ball
- Slowly walk yourself forward and down the ball until you are lying back on top of it, your torso parallel to the floor. This exercise will stretch your lower back, hips, spine, and upper torso.
Step 3: Support head
- Interlace your fingers and put them behind your head for support, this will also with an extra stretch.
Step 4: Arch back
- Drop your head and tailbone toward the floor, arching your back over the ball.
Step 5: Let elbows fall to the side
Tip: Relax your abdominal muscles, letting your belly button drop toward your spine.
Step 6: Stretch sides
- Drop your right arm toward the floor when rolling onto the right side of your torso, this stretches the sides of your abdomen, your oblique muscles.
Step 7: Let head drop
- Carefully let your head drop to the floor, draping your left arm over your head.
Step 8: Hold 10 seconds
Step 9: Switch sides
- Switch sides, using your hands to support your head as you roll onto the left side of your torso and repeat the stretch on your left side.
Step 10: Release stretch
- Release the stretch by rolling onto your back with your hands supporting your head. Tuck your chin, and walk back up to the starting position.
Follow our Social Media!