The Standing Triceps Extension
This a Standing Tricep Extension using a dumbbell, you could also use a kettlebell, a weighted rope, and even chains as well. You will need to grip a single dumbbell with both hands, keep your elbows stationary and extend them to raise the weight keeping a straight posture to increase effectiveness.
- Start with small weight, then add more as your progress
- Keep a good posture with back straight
- Feet shoulder width to have good balance while doing your repetitions
- 3 repetitions of 10 are what you could get started
- Do not use too much weight if you have not done this before
- Keep your elbows pointing up to the ceiling to avoid getting hit with the dumbbell on your back
- Inspect the dumbbell before using it in your workout
The Rope Tricep Extension is a similar exercise you can try to enhance your training.