The Standing split is a challenging pose, as a stretching, balancing and strengthening asana. This pose stretches your bottom hamstrings and your top hip flexors.
Step by Step
- Start on a downward facing dog, this pose will help you get started.
- Lift your right leg gently while you hold yourself while you do downward facing dog.
- Now do a full forward, keep both hands on the side to help you maintain your balance.
- Lift your left leg slightly, now pivot your hip opening and point your toes to the ceiling.
- You need to have a good stretching before attempting the standing split. Stretch your legs and hips before.
- Keep your hands on the side for support and balance.
- Always be gentle with any pose, your hamstrings will feel most of the pressure on this pose.
Recommended Yoga Poses
Follow our Social Media!