This is a beginner cardiovascular exercise that targets your iliotibial bands and hip abductors, but you also work your hamstrings, glutes, and calves. It is considered a full-body workout because it activates your entire body with a single move.
You do not need any equipment at all, just yourself! Get comfortable workout clothes, find a clean space big enough to get started.
Speed Skaters benefits
- The cardio exercise you can do anywhere, at home, at the park, at the gym…
- You get your entire body to work at the same time, especially your lower body and core
- Burn fat and calories with this high-intensity interval exercise
- You can burn about 120 calories for 10 minutes of the Speed Skater routine
- You can incorporate this exercise to any workout
- Quick cardio you can do anywhere anytime
Speed Skaters Step by Step
- Your starting position is a half squat position, now place your left leg behind your right one.
- Now jump to your left as far as possible and swing your arms in the same direction.
- Now jump to your right as far as possible.
- Do your first set of 10 repetitions. You can create your own sets.
- Do not move your arm in any direction but the one that you do your jump.
- Do not lean forward you might lose your balance
- Do not bend your knees too much
- Make sure you have enough room to do the exercise in a clean space
- You can do 3 sets of 30 seconds to get used to it