Table of Contents
Snaking Talon is a self-defense technique found in the blue belt rank of Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate system. This technique is against a front two hand push, a pretty common attack.
Snaking Talon step by step:
- As you are being pushed your natural reaction is to step back, in this case, left foot back while your right-hand goes over the left forearm to go under the right arm ending with a wrist grab.
- As you grab the wrist pull it and hit the elbow with your other hand and kick the groin simultaneously.
- Drop your leg on a rear twist stance, and deliver a back kick to the middle section.
Snaking Talon. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
- Train with a real push to get familiar with real pushes.
- Break the elbow as you deliver your kick to the groin.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!