Amy Updike, NLA For Her-sponsored athlete and IFBB Bikini pro, loves transforming her body with targeted workouts designed to build muscle and sculpt curves.
“Shoulders are one of my favorite muscle groups to lift with,” says Updike, “I like to do this workout once a week for muscle building and to help make the shoulders appear more round and athletic.”
Begin the workout by warming up with a couple of lighter exercises in the 20-rep range. Add more weight as you drop to sets of 12-15 reps. Finish up with heavy double dropsets at the end. This all-over shoulder workout should take 45 minutes to complete.
| Shoulder Workout for Women |
1. Side Lateral Raise – 2 sets, 20 reps (warm-up)
2. Around The Worlds – 2 sets, 10 reps (each direction, warm-up)
3. Arnold Dumbbell Press – 4 sets, 12-15 reps
4. Front Dumbbell Raise – 4 sets, 12-15 reps
5. Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise – 4 sets, 12-15 reps
6. Upright Barbell Row – 4 sets, 12-15 reps
7. Side Lateral Raise – 4 sets, 7 reps (double dropsets)
Follow our Social Media!