Shield and Mace
Table of Contents
Shield and Mace is a self-defense technique found in the blue belt rank of Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate, this technique is against a Front Right Step Through Punch. This technique is also found in Form 4, let’s go over the steps:
- As the punch comes in, do a left step forward while you do a right block and a left punch to the kidneys at the same time.
- Do a left parry and deliver a back knuckle to the kidney.
- Use your left hand to move the arm down then execute a right claw to the face then keep circling to end up hitting the back of the knee.
- Then finish the technique with a right kick to the back of the left leg.
- Cover out.
Explained and demonstrated by Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Demonstrated by GM Flores
Shield And Mace demonstrated by GM Larry Tatum
- The first three moves need to be executed simultaneously.
- You must check the right arm to be able to go around it to strike the face to end up behind the knee.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Alternating Maces
- Repeating Mace Self Defense Technique
- Mace of Aggression Self Defense Technique
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!