Returning The Storm
Table of Contents
This is a self-defense technique found in the blue belt rank of the American Kenpo Karate system, is a technique against a club attack, specifically a front inward roundhouse and backhand club attack.
Returning The Storm Step by Step
- As the attacker steps through with a right roundhouse club attack and then come back with the same weapon, you step to your left covering up, and do a left step through as you block the upcoming attack.
- Grab the wrist and apply pressure to the elbow, immediately do a back step with your right foot and drag him down controlling his height.
- Deliver a right front leg to any important available target and step out.
- Make sure you get away from the first swing, but not too far so you are able to catch him coming with the second swing.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!