Table of Contents
Retreating Pendulum is a self-defense technique found in the Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate system, this is a blue belt rank technique against a front right thrusting heel kick.
Retreating Pendulum Step by step:
- As the kick comes in step back on a twist stance while blocking it with a right downward block.
- Move forward with a right side kick to the left back of his leg while you deliver a right hammer strike to the back of his neck.
- Adjust your right leg to execute a scoop kick to the groin and then buckle his right leg.
- Cover out
Blue Belt technique. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
- Keep a circling motion when you block and kick, it should be simultaneous.
- The scoop and buckle should be done in the same position before crossing out.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!