Rear Twist Stance
Table of Contents
The Rear Twist Stance in Kenpo Karate can be found in forms, sets, and self-defense techniques. As part of the foot maneuvers in covering up and protecting the groin, this stance can be seen at the end of many self-defense techniques to properly get away from the attacker.
Keeping your hands in place while exiting but protecting your middle section, this stance can also allow you to return to your opponent using a powerful side kick to finish the attacker in the case he wants to keep coming at you.
Rear Twist Stance Step by Step
- Start on a Neutral Stance
- Bring your front foot over your rear foot
- This move covers your rear foot
- Now your rear foot sits on the ball of the foot
- Always keep your hands in guard position with the Rear Twist Stance
- Do not go too low on this stance because it will not allow you to move freely and fast
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!