Raking Mace is a self-defense technique found in the Blue Belt rank of Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate. This technique is against a front two hand lapel grab pulling in, let’s go over the steps of this technique:
- As you are being grabbed, right step forward as your left arm checks his left wrist then execute an uppercut to the stomach.
- The right arm goes around to hit the left side of the jaw with a hammer strike, then the same arm clears the arms.
- Using the same arm deliver a right-hand sword to the throat and shuffle in to finish with an elbow strike to the face.
- Cover out.
Raking Mace. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!