The Plank Pose
This foundation pose teaches you how to hold your body stable like a sturdy plank. Your body also resembles a plank because you are positioned in the shape of a line from head to toe. This pose is considered one of the very best core strengtheners. Keep wrists under your shoulders, your back should be aligned with your hips and legs.
Benefits of the Plank
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and arms, wrists, and shoulders. Stretches and strengthens the back.
- This position is one of those that maintain all the abdominal muscles, triceps, biceps, pectorals, quadriceps, and hamstrings in constant contraction to maintain the posture in balance.
Step by Step
- Get on your mat on your knees and your hands on the mat.
- Put your hands at the height of your shoulders, now go up and maintain your posture.
- Now move your legs one at a time and place both feet together.
- Stay on this pose for 5 seconds breathing deeply.
- Bring one knee to down and now the other.
- When you are in a plank pose you need to keep your back aligned with your hips and legs.
- Align your ankles, knees, hips, and shoulders in one line, do not lower your hips.
- Your weight distribution should be even on both sides of your body.
- It is not recommended if you have wrist problems.
Options on your Plank Poses
Recommended Yoga Poses