The benefits of Pistol Squats are many to name but if you have them in your workout routine you will develop mobility, stability, and strength in your core and legs. It is much harder than a standard squat, you need to have good balance because your entire body depends on one leg.
Pistol Squats Step by Step:
- Stand upright with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise one leg in front of your body as you push your hips backward and bend into a squat on the standing leg.
- Extend your arms in front of the body to assist with balance.
- Lower your hips as low as possible, keeping front leg lifted.
- Push back to get back to your initial starting position.
- Do not do the exercise if you have weak knees.
- Do not do this exercise if you are overweight.
- Do not do this exercise if do not have good balance.
- This exercise has to be executed in a safe flat environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which muscles do pistol squats work?
They work your:
- Gluteus maximus
Here you can find more exercises Alpha Training Archives