Outward Crescent Kick
This kick can be applied to the face, can be used against a knife depending on your expertise and while sparring. You will find this kick on most martial arts such as Taekwondo, Karate, Kung Fu, Tang Soo Do, Capoeira, Kickboxing, Savate, and others. The same kick with different names and a few variations but the base technique is the same.
This kick is perfect for sparring because can help you score points easy if trained properly. It is very common in Taekwondo tournaments and Sport Karate.
Taekwondo “Outward Crescent Kick” tutorial broken down and explained by Aaron Gassor, a 2nd Degree Black Belt in ITF Taekwon-do. Aaron explains how for it to be effective in light/semi sparring, full contact and street fighting. He has created many tutorials to share his knowledge with the world, he has also participated on several small film productions!
- Always warm up.
- Stretch both legs equally.
- Practice the movement of the kick by lifting your knee before stretching the entire leg.
- Use different high targets and do not force your legs.
- Keep your arms up.
- Always train with a qualified instructor or under the supervision of a black belt.
- Taekwondo Kicks
- Taekwondo Stances
- Taekwondo Punches and strikes
- Taekwondo Blocks
- Taekwondo Sparring Training
- Stretching exercises for Taekwondo