Obstructing the storm
Table of Contents
This is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the purple rank. This technique is against a right overhead club attack.
Obstructing the Storm Step by Step:
- As the attack comes in cross your forearms to block the attack with your left arm on top of your right.
- Grab his right wrist with your right hand and pull down while you check his shoulder with your left hand.
- Deliver a right knee to his ribs or middle section as you pull his arm then cover out.
- Pull the right arm while you deliver your left hammer strike, this will increase the damage.
- If can also pull the arm when you do your knee, this will also increase the damage.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!