The Mountain Climber
Table of Contents
The Mountain Climber is a complete cardiovascular exercise to burn calories and lose weight. It is one of those exercises that does not need any type of special material: a mat is more than enough, or it can be executed directly on the floor, beach, park, or grass.
This exercise has several variants and all have in common a very high muscular activation of the biceps, triceps, delts, pectorals, core muscles, hips, and legs. You will shape up those quadriceps and calves for sure.
An outstanding aspect of mountain climbers is their usefulness to improve the range of motion of hip extension and flexion, essential movements for a runner.
Mountain Climber Step by Step
Let’s review the steps:
- Get started in a plank position, get on your hands and feet.
- Now bend one knee and bring it toward your chest.
- Now switch legs as fast as you can and repeat for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Keep your back straight at all times
- If you are a beginner, do 2 sets of 20 seconds to get started, then you can increase the amount
Follow our Social Media!