Dymatize athlete and certified personal trainer Mike Hildebrandt loves the idea of supersets. In this workout, he’ll show you how to hit your biceps and triceps from different angles and increase reps to maximize development. You’ll be pumping blood into your arms at a furious pace that Mike says may swell your arms by 1-2 inches by the end of the workout!
The goal here is not to move heavy weights; you’ll use lighter weights than normal. But by going light, you’ll hit Mike’s target rep ranges and bring out fine detail in your arms.
The whole workout should take 30-45 minutes: short enough that you can add it to the end of your normal workout or use it when you’re crunched for time. You’ll be working your triceps while your biceps are resting, and vice versa. This efficient approach will allow you to burn calories and achieve the best possible results in the shortest amount of time.
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, prepare to ignite your arms.
Mike Hildebrandt’s Superset Arm Workout
Mike recommends doing this workout 1-2 times a week—twice a week if you’re focused on building big arms. If you do it twice a week, give yourself at least two days’ rest in between for full recovery.
– EZ-bar biceps blaster 4 sets of 10 reps
– EZ-Bar skullcrusher 4 sets of 10 reps
– Incline dumbbell curl 4 sets of 12 reps
– Dumbbell triceps kick-back 4 sets of 12 reps
– Spider curl 4 sets of 14 reps
– Overhead barbell triceps extension 4 sets of 14 reps
– Lying rope hammer curl 4 sets of 14 reps
– Reverse-grip triceps extension 4 sets of 14 reps