The Lunge Exercise
Table of Contents
This is a beginner exercise that will strengthen your quadriceps and will stabilize your hips. A great workout to shape up your legs. This workout engages your core and abdominal muscles.
The Lunge Step by Step
- Stand with one leg stepped out in front of your body.
- Drop your rear knee without hitting the floor.
- Keep your back straight looking forward and having your arms in front of you.
- Stand up and repeat the same exercise with your other leg.
There are also several variations to this exercise you can add to your current training routine, changing or using these variations can help you improve your workout:
- The Reverse Lunge
- The Forward Lunge
- The jumping Lunge
- The alternating Lunge
- The jumping and alternating Lunge
You can also add weights to enhance your workout. If you are using weights then you need to understand that you decrease the number of Lunges as you increase the weight.
- Don’t hit your knee on the floor.
- Keep your back straight and do not lean forward
- Keep your hands on your side or in front of you
- Do not do this exercise if you have any knee injuries
- Always do your workout on a stable surface
Frequently Asked Questions
Find more exercises here:
Follow our Social Media!