Jump Rope Benefits
Table of Contents
This is a great warm-up exercise and it helps you tone your leg muscles along with the burn of tons of calories, it also improves your speed, and balance; besides it can be done anywhere, there is no cost! just the rope.
17 Jump Rope Benefits
I hope these 17 benefits can help you give it a try.
1. You will burn Calories
You can burn more than 300 calories in a session of 30 minutes and much more if it is for more minutes. Helps burn more calories than conventional aerobic exercise, such as running or walking.
2. You will burn Fat
With this exercise, you not only burn calories but also fat, since the body stores fat, calories and sugars. These are fuels that the body stores and that we do not want to keep.
3. You will strengthen your entire body
It’s a very effective exercise, boxers use it to warm up and to build endurance.
4. You will improve your concentration
Jumping rope is not easy, so it will allow you to have a demanding level of concentration, while you begin to master it.
5. You will improve your coordination
It can be difficult to start, but with practice, it will help you improve it, on one foot or both.
6. Gives you muscular endurance
By being a continuous exercise, your endurance will improve considerably, while you gain strength.
7. Will improve your aerobic conditioning
Podra complicado aguantar el salto, pero verás cómo poco a poco mejoras tu respiración y soportarás más tiempo.
8. One exercise you can do anywhere
You can jump rope anywhere, at a park, at the beach, mountain, backyard, living room… You can also carry your rope with you and jump in your free time. A rope is light, convenient, and does not take much space.
9. One exercise will work your entire body
You will move your legs, arms, torso, abs, back… Your entire body will move with just one exercise.
10. It is fun to share the workout
You can share the workout with a friend, your loved one, a co-worker… the possibilities are endless, but you can have so much fun while you workout with a jump rope.
11. It will help you to be faster
It is an exercise that will help you develop speed, it is highly recommended for runners, soccer players, basketball players, and all kinds of athletes.
12. It strengthens your lungs
It is an exercise that helps you optimize and improve your breathing.
13. Low-cost exercise
You don’t need to be part of a gym to do this exercise. You don’t need a branded jump rope, it could be just any rope and workout at any place, so you don’t have to spend any money at all.
14. It protects the heart
It keeps your body working fully by activating the circulatory system, helps the kidneys cleanse and filter the blood more effectively.
15. It Benefits the beauty of your skin
This exercise will make you sweat completely, which will make your skin eliminate more toxins through the pores of your skin.
16. Reduces the risk of ankle and foot injuries
17. Improves bone density
Stronger bones mean a stronger body.
How to do A Jump Rope Workout?
Make sure to follow these simple tips and rules when jumping rope to get the best out of it.
- Always stretch before your workout. Make sure you warm up and stretch before jumping. Invest 10 minutes at least to get warmed up. Stretch your hamstrings, calves, and lower back.
- Jump low not high. Just allow the rope to go under your feet only, this will make it easy for your ankles and knees.
- Start slow. This will allow you to get used to the rhythm and proper technique, when you master the technique then you can increase the speed.
- You must jump with your feet together.
- Jump on tiptoe. Don’t let your heels touch the floor.
- Keep your head straight. Do not lean forward because it will make you decrease your speed and you also might lose your balance.
- Keep your eyes to the front. Many tend to look at their feet and then they tend to lose their balance, just keep your eyes to the front and concentrate.
- Tuck your elbows in. Keep your elbows by your body and don’t move them around.
- Move your wrists, not your arms. Keep your arms, shoulders, and forearms relaxed.
- Keep your legs slightly bent and stretch them as you jump.
- Don’t jump twice at a time, just once. If your try to do it, you might get tired sooner and increase the stress on your knee joints.
- Tuck your abs in. Make sure you contract your abs, this will protect your knees and lower back.
- Workout in an open space. Make sure you have enough room to move freely, you don’t want the rope to hit something and injure yourself.
- Drink plenty of water and hydrate yourself when you take a break. Remember, you will sweat a lot, more than you think and if you don’t hydrate enough you might get a headache later. Just stay hydrated.
Your first workout sessions should not last long. You should increase your speed and rhythm slowly. Try 2 sessions of 1 or 2 minutes and rest 20 seconds; then you can go from there as you get better.
You will need to get a simple rope or go to a sports store and get one that feels right for you, there are several options from wooden to rubber handles, the cost should not be more than 10 dollars for a good one.
Jump Rope Workout
Well, now that you have your rope here you have some tips to help you get the most out of your workout.
- Wear comfortable clothes
- get some music to get you motivated
- when you jump to do it on the balls of your feet
- keep your back straight
- do not swing your arms too much, the magic is in the wrists
- do not jump too high
- your hands should be above your wait
- have fun and don’t get frustrated, just keep going
- practice makes perfect
Start with a beginner’s Workout, this should be around 40 seconds or about 40 repetitions, create sets of 3 and then take a quick break. You can increase the intensity once you feel you can do more. You can modify your workouts as you improve increasing the intensity and duration of your repetitions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jump Rope
Stand with your feet together on the middle of the rope and with your hands take it to the sides of the body, if the rope reaches your armpits, that is the appropriate length.
Because this exercise has many advantages such as improving endurance, lose weight, and gaining speed. Boxers use a jump rope to improve their footwork, so they can move fast in the ring without getting tired.
- Invest in a high-quality rope, so it is safe for you and it will also last for a long time.
- Wear comfortable tennis shoes.
- Find a safe place to exercise with plenty of room.
- Do not Jump rope if you have knee problems
- Do not Jump rope if you have back problems
- Do not Jump rope if you have heart, lung, breathing, and bone problems. Check with your doctor first.
- Do not Jump rope if you are overweight, check with your doctor first if it is safe for you.
Look at the Alpha training to find and complement your workouts.
Follow our Social Media!