The Firelog Pose in Yoga
This is the Firelog pose in Yoga, a seated which will give you a deep stretch on your outer hips and lower back. This is a simple pose and does not have any difficulties at all. It is also known as the “Double Pigeon”, the “Square Pose” and “The Knee to Ankle Pose”.
The Firelog will stretch:
- Outer Hips
- Lower back
It will help you open your hips and will help you stimulate your abdominal organs.
The Firelog Pose Step by Step
- Get on your mat in a seated position.
- Lean on one side to bring your foot over your knee. The foot has to rest on the knee.
- Keeping your back straight now place your hands in the front.
- Slowly reach to your front keeping your arms straight and hold for a few seconds.
- Go back to your seated position.
- If you have knee problems then do not try this pose, because you need to place your foot over one knee.
- If you have knee problems you could try to place your foot closer to the knee but on the outside, not over it.
- Slowly reach down to your front as you stretch.
- Slowly go back to your original posture.
Follow our Social Media!