The Pop Squats
- Position your legs using a wider-than-shoulder-width stance with the toes slightly pointed out and knees slightly bent. Rest your hands on your hips. Keep your neck neutral and maintain a straight back. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into a squat by pushing your hips and butt backward. Continue down until the upper legs are at or just below parallel to the floor. Inhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Once you reach your bottom position, begin to push through your heels to ascend upwards.
- Generate enough power to jump upwards. As you jump upwards, bring both feet inward towards one another so that you land with your feet a few inches apart. Be sure to land on your toes.
- As you land on your toes with your feet closer together, immediately propel yourself upwards and jump to return to the starting position. This is one repetition.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Here you have two other recommended workouts you will love:
Follow our Social Media!