Table of Contents
Glancing Wing is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the green belt rank that is also found in the Third-degree black belt rank with its extension. This technique is against a left step through an uppercut punch.
Glancing Wing Step by Step
- Right step as your right-hand blocks the uppercut and your left-hand delivers a vertical punch to the face of the opponent.
- Slide your right hand up as your left-hand checks and clears his right elbow.
- Do a right hammer to his kidney, then the same hand checks the right arm.
- Slightly move your left foot back a bit as your right-hand grabs his neck to pull him down.
- Now a left downward elbow strike and cross out.
Mr.Rick Jeffcoat demonstrates Glancing Wing with its extension found in the third-degree black belt rank.
The same technique breakdown by Senior Master Mohamad Tabatabai.
- Your initial block should be accompanied by a direct punch to cancel any further action.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!