Encounter with Danger
Table of Contents
This self-defense technique found in the green belt rank is against a front two-hand push, this is not just an initial push like on previous self-defense techniques, on this one you are pushed hard and you are on the ground.
Encounter with Danger step by step
- As you are being pushed and you fall use your forearms as support, deliver a front left kick to the groin/stomach.
- Turn to your left and deliver a right knife-edge kick to the face.
- Keep turning with the motion until you have both hands on the ground to gain support for your last kick, a left-back kick
Rick Jeffcoat demonstrates Encounter with Danger with its extension which is part of Third degree Black Belt. On this technique, there is a follow-up, because you keep moving forward to dominate your attacker.
- Curve your back when you fall, this will protect you from hitting your head.
- Cross your arms protecting yourself at all times if you are on the ground.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!