Table of Contents
The Lunge is a beginner exercise that will strengthen your quadriceps and will stabilize your hips. A great workout to shape up your legs. This workout engages your core and abdominal muscles.
Lunge Step by Step
- Stand with one leg stepped out in front of your body.
- Drop your rear knee without hitting the floor.
- Keep your back straight looking forward and having your arms in front of you.
- Stand up and repeat the same exercise with your other leg.
There are also several variations to this exercise you can add to your current training routine:
- The Reverse Lunge
- The Forward Lunge
- The jumping Lunge
- The alternating Lunge
- The jumping and alternating Lunge
You will find these variations and more in the following Video along with detailed explanations and important recommendations:
- Don’t hit your knee on the floor.
- Keep your back straight and do not lean forward
- Keep your hands on your side or in front of you
Frequently Asked Questions
Find more exercises here: