Short Form 1
Table of Contents
Short form 1, this form is a yellow belt requirement and in some studios has been found in the orange belt. It is a basic form that teaches how to react to an attack, simple stance, and simple blocks. The stances you see here are attention, training horse, and neutral bow.
Short Form 1 Blocks
The blocks you see in this form are:
You also execute a real elbow strike while blocking and you do four basic angles.
- This form teaches you to maintain a proper posture, how to move away from your opponent and block. Timing teaches you peripheral vision.
Since this is a basic form is considered the foundation of all the other forms and it encourages you to maintain a constant level when moving and not to elevate your head while moving forward or stepping back while blocking.
- Maintain height in your positions, keep your back straight.
- Make sure your blocks are executed correctly on both sides.
- You must finish your form in the same place you started it.
Recommended Kenpo Forms
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!