The Grasp of Death
The Grasp of Death is a Kenpo Karate Self defense found in the yellow belt rank. It is a left frank – right arm headlock. It is a very simple technique but very effective. Watch how it is done.
GRASP OF DEATH (left flank – right arm headlock)
- Grab the right wrist with your right hand, then execute a closed kneel, grab and squeeze the groin or the inner thigh.
- As your opponent reacts to your pinch, and partially or totally releases his grip, have your right hand bring his right arm over your head and down to your chest, making sure that your right elbow is anchored to aid you in controlling your opponent’s height and width.
- Immediately release the grip of your left hand, and simultaneously have your left foot step forward (in front of your opponent’s right leg) toward 10:30 into a left neutral bow stance, strike the back of your opponent’s right elbow with your left forearm while pulling in and toward you with your right hand.
- Roll your left forearm on the back of your opponent’s right elbow until your left forearm is parallel to the ground. Now slide your left hand to your opponent’s right elbow. While controlling your opponent’s right elbow with your left hand, pivot into a left forward bow facing 10:30. Immediately execute a right snapping vertical punch to the base of your opponent’s skull behind his right mastoid bone.
The Grasp of Death is the 6th technique for Yellow Belt. It is f right headlock from the left flank. It falls in Category 6 (Chokes & Locks) on the Web of Knowledge.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!