Kumite Scoring in the WKF
These are the most updated Karate Rules for scoring in Kumite by the World Karate Federation. These are really clean techniques for clean points, Master them and add them to your training routine to get better at them.
- Yuko A – One Point – Straight Punch to the body
- Yuko B – One Point – Straight Punch to the face
- Wazari – Two Points – Middle Kick to the body
- Ippon A – Three Points – Hook Kick to the head
- Ippon B -Three Points – Punch to the body when the opponent has been taken to the ground
- In Kumite is not how strong you can punch, is how fast you can reach your target to score.
- When sparring relax and have your techniques ready to attack and counter-attack.
- Move in the ring, if you don’t then you will be an easy target.
- Karate Stances
- Karate Punches
- Karate Kicks
- Karate Blocks
- Karate Strikes
- Karate Traditional Katas
- Karate Traditional Weapons
- Karate General Terminology