Kumite Warm-up techniques
A great Kumite warm-up routine to be successful in a tournament. Speed and timing, some of the most important ingredients on any Kumite. I think this is the perfect training routine which can also have a practical use in the dojo and have everyone involved in the training.
Here are some useful Kumite combinations:
- Faint a front kick with your front leg then shuffle in with a punch with your backhand.
- Faint a punch with your front hand and use the momentum to turn and deliver a back kick.
- Touch the front leg with your front leg pretending to sweep the leg, use the momentum to turn and execute a back kick.
- Round kick with your front leg and punch to the face with the backhand.
- Side snap kick and hook kick.
- Shuffle to his outer side with a back hammer fist to the face when you see him coming.
- Shuffle in on your second step with a front kick and a follow-up punch.
These are the most effective kicks in karate Sparring:
- Mawashi Geri/Round House
- Yoko Geri Keage/Side Kick
- Ushiro Geri/Back Kick
Main Traditional Karate
- Karate Stances
- Karate Punches
- Karate Kicks
- Karate Blocks
- Karate Strikes
- Karate Traditional Katas
- Karate Traditional Weapons
- Karate General Terminology